1 INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
- 1.1 We may collect and process the following data about you:
- 1.1.1 information that you may provide by filling in the forms on this website(our Site), through creating a members account on our Site or where you use a hard copy form to send us information;
- 1.1.2 correspondence and communications, or a record of them if you contact us (including recording calls for training and monitoring purposes);
- 1.1.3 surveys that we use for research purposes, which we have asked you to complete;
- 1.1.4 details of holidays reserved through us;
1.1.5 details of your visits to our Site and the resources that you access; and
- 1.1.6 information obtained as part of a transaction with us.
2 WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- 2.1 All information you provide to us is, as far as reasonably practicable, stored on our, our parent’s or sister companies’ secure servers or trusted internet service providers (ISP). Any financial information, such as credit/debit card numbers will never be stored on our servers or ISP and payments will be processed by secure third party merchant service suppliers. We ask you not to permit anyone to use your name.
- 2.2 Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk.
- 2.3 We will retain your information securely stored for a reasonable period or for as long as the law requires.
3 HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
CLC and its sister companies have been in business since 1984 and during that time have developed a number of divisions and from time to time we will want to share our experiences and promotions with you and may wish to invite you to stay with us or to visit one of our presentations and exhibitions. CLC and its sister companies offer a wide range of services and products so that our customers can enjoy great holiday experiences in many different destinations and ways whether it is buying a residence abroad, sailing holidays, using our travel club, timeshare, holiday ownership, points, renting holiday accommodation or simply enjoying our great hospitality and management services, CLC’s portfolio is extensive and has been put together with many years of experience in understanding how you want to holiday.
- 3.1 CLC collects and processes your data in order to provide you with our services.
- 3.2 We will store and process your information on our computers or trusted internet service providers (ISP) and in any other way we consider appropriate.3.3 We use information held about you in the following ways:
- 3.3.1 to set up and maintain your membership;
- 3.3.2 to provide your information to a lender for them to assess your suitability if you are purchasing products using credit;
- 3.3.3 to provide you with the best possible service;
- 3.3.4 to request customer feedback;
- 3.3.5 to develop, improve and update our products to better meet your needs and preferences;
- 3.3.6 for statistical analysis;
- 3.3.7 to notify you about changes to our service; and
- 3.3.8 to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you, and we may contact you about these by post, telephone, email, SMS or other reasonable method.
- 3.4 If you have provided us with consent to do so, we may pass your details to third parties, so that they can provide information and services which may be of interest to you. They may contact you by post, telephone, email, SMS or other reasonable methods.
- 3.5 If you would like to opt out of receiving marketing information from us or to revoke your consent for us to pass your details to third parties, you can do so by:
- 3.5.1 selecting unsubscribe on an email sent by us;
- 3.5.2 emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- 3.5.3 writing to us at Ctra. de Cádiz km 206, 29649 Mijas Costa, Málaga. Spain. We reserve the right to take reasonable steps to authenticate your identity with respect to any such request or other enquiry.
- 3.6 Any information or statistics relating to our business that we disclose to others shall not identify you personally.
- 3.7 As a company providing holidays all over the world, we may transfer your data outside of the EEA in order to provide you the services you request. You acknowledge that in certain countries outside the EEA under local laws you may fewer legal rights.
4 DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- 4.1 We may disclose your personal information to our parent company, sister companies or to third parties:
- 4.1.1 to enable lenders to make a lending decision (where you wish to apply for credit to one of our lender partners);
- 4.1.2 to prepare or send any communications to you, or to assist us in connection with any of our administrative or business functions, or in the provision of any of our services to you;
- 4.1.3 if CLC or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- 4.1.4 to anyone whom we transfer our rights and duties to; and
5 COMPUTER INFORMATION AND COOKIES
- 5.1 We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for analytical purposes and to help us develop and improve our websites. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns; it does not identify any individual.
- 5.4 You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our Site and therefore not get the best experience from the Site. You can find out how to do this by visiting http://www.aboutcookies.org/. This site has a guide on how to change the settings for most of the major internet browsers.
- 5.5 http://www.youronlinechoices.com/ has a good guide to online behavioural advertising and online privacy.
- 5.6 We might also use web tools to collect information about your browsing activities while on our Site. In this respect the information that is provided is similar to the information supplied by cookies, and we use it for the same purposes.
Google Analytics and Google Website Optimizer
6 YOUR RIGHTS
- 6.1 Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- 6.2 You have the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act (or if applicable in accordance with Spanish law Ley Organica 15/1999 where a data subject has a right to access, correct, remove or object to the uses of their data) by writing to us at email@example.com or CLC World Resorts & Hotels Ctra. de Cádiz km 206, 29649 Mijas Costa, Málaga. Spain. Any access request may be subject to a small statutory fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.6.3 Calls between us may be recorded and/or monitored for training and compliance purposes.
7 CREDIT REFERENCE AND FRAUD PREVENTION AGENCIES
- 7.1 Some lenders who we pass your information to may run a credit check with credit references agencies and fraud protection agencies to make a decision as to whether to provide you with a loan.
- 7.2 If your loan application is refused by one of our lender partners on the basis of information they have received from a credit reference agency, they must inform you of this and provide you with the details of the agency concerned.
- 7.3 If false or inaccurate information is provided and fraud is identified, details will be passed to fraud prevention agencies.
- 7.4 Law enforcement agencies may access and use this information.
- 7.5 We and other organisations may also access and use your information to prevent fraud and money laundering.
- 7.6 Your data may also be used for other purposes for which you give your specific permission or, in very limited circumstances, when required by law or where permitted under the terms of the Act.
9 TRADE MARKS
Please note the abbreviation CLC may be used either as a generic term referring to the CLC trademark (“CLC” as registered and used in different countries) or to the respective trading entity depending on the context.
If you are a resident of the following territories the data controller is the company listed below:
UK: Club La Costa (UK) PLC
Address: Hallswelle House, 1 Hallswelle Road, London NW11 0DH
Company Number 03123199
Data registration number in UK: Z6762365
Spain: Marina Del Sol Management SLU
Address: Carretera de Cadiz KM 206, Mijas Costa, Malaga.
Company Number: CIF B92163302
Data registration number (Spain): 2010320071 (Agencia de Proteccion de Datos)
USA: CLC Exchange LLC
Address: 3070 Secret Lake drive, Kissimmee, Florida, 34747.
EIN number: 90 – 0948260
CLC Resort Management Limited
Address: 33 North Quay, Douglas, Isle of Man IM1 4LB
Company Number: 003261V
Data registration number in Isle of Man: N000612