- Rules On Use And Occupation Of Yachts
- Reservations Rules
- Associate Membership – Reservations Rules
- CLC Vacation Club – Diamond and Platinum members
- Prelude Terms And Conditions
- Trial Membership (34 months) Access to Yacht Club
- Trial Membership (60 months) Access to Yacht Club
- Charter Rental Terms & Conditions
General Terms And Conditions
Club La Costa Yacht Club is a trading name of CLC Yacht Club Limited.
Use and occupation of the Yacht Club and its Yachts is subject to all applicable internal use rules and reservation/operational procedures put in place by the Yacht Club and its appointed reservation agents.
1. For clarification, the offer of one Week relates to the supply of the accommodation on the Yacht and does not include the all-inclusive charge (as described below), flights and other travel components. These might include but are not restricted to: flights, insurance, airport car parking, transfers to and from the Yacht, additional hotel nights, and local departure taxes.
2. Travel arrangements may be booked through CLC World Travel.
All passengers must have adequate travel insurance to include all planned activities. Travel Insurance can be purchased through CLC World Travel.
It is the traveller’s responsibility to ensure that all passengers have passports and correct travel documentation for travel to their destination, including adequate travel insurance.
3. Each passenger is required to pay the all-inclusive on board package for each week used, or the pro rata rate for midweek and weekend breaks. This is payable in 2 instalments, 50% at time of booking and 50% 4 months prior to travel or 100% at time of booking if travel date is within 4 months. This payment is non-refundable, however if we are able to refill the cabin and collect all-inclusive payments, 90% will be refunded. The all-inclusive fee is waived for children under 2 years of age. Included in the all-inclusive on board package are all meals (with the exception of two dinners which are taken ashore), all drinks whilst on board, cruising permits, fuel, crew, water, port charges, sports and snorkelling facilities.
For scuba diving please see point 7.
The all-inclusive charge per person will be adjusted annually to reflect the increases in cost of food, drink, labour, port charges and generally the cost of providing facilities on board.
4. Children: One child under 2 years of age not paying the all-inclusive fee must share a cabin with their parents or may share a separate cabin with a family member.
Children over 2 years of age occupy their own cabin and Members pay the full all-inclusive fee per child.
A maximum of two children under the age of 2 are permitted on board at any one time.
Children are under the supervisory responsibility of their parents and MUST wear a life vest at all times. Life vests are provided by Club La Costa Yacht Club.
5. Meal preferences must be specified to Club La Costa Yacht Club prior to departure using the appropriate Preference Form. Club La Costa Yacht Club will endeavour to provide the preferences listed however last minute changes may be necessary according to local availability of certain foods and products.
6. All rules of use and occupation of the Yacht will be available for inspection and you agree to follow the lawful instructions of the Yacht skipper whilst on board.
7. Passengers will have access to such facilities as are available on board during their stay. Scuba diving is only permitted on presentation of full certification and insurance, and a £30 charge per dive will be made to non-Yacht Club Members (payable in local currency, exchange rates may vary according to date of payment).
8. Yacht Club reserves the right to ask for further information on a passenger’s medical condition depending on replies given on the Preference Form.
9. Please note that all holidays are subject to availability and offered on a ’first come, first served‘ basis. Where chartering of an entire Yacht is involved, Club La Costa Yacht Club reserves the right to have the passengers sign a charter agreement for the use of the Yacht.
The Yacht Club has been designed to offer the utmost in flexibility, giving its Members the opportunity to use their Membership Weeks during their Membership Term. The benefit of Members borrowing and accelerating usage may lead to pressure on availability during certain periods and the Management Company is charged with reviewing and managing available space for the benefit of the Membership as a whole. Please note that to avoid disappointment Members should book well in advance.
10. Payment Schedules and Cancellation Rules
Policy for Promotional Holidays (all subject to current Reservation Procedures)
|121 + days out from first date of occupancy||25% of costs||NON Refundable|
|120 days out from first date of occupancy||75% of costs||NON Refundable|
|120 or less days from first date of occupancy||100% of costs||NON Refundable|
Club La Costa Yacht Club -Cancellation Rules
Cancellation within Percentage Forfeit (including forfeit of any Points used to make the reservation).
|121 + days||10%|
|91 – 120 days||25%|
|61 – 90 days||50%|
|31 – 60 days||75%|
|0 – 30 days||100%|
Any cancellation of flights or other travel elements will be subject to the particular supplier’s own terms and conditions.
Confirmation shall be issued by Club La Costa Yacht Club in writing and until such confirmation is made no entitlement to use any Yacht is granted. Once a booking is confirmed the published cancellation rules will apply. Failure of the passenger to book into the Yacht on the first day the Yacht has been reserved will result in that passenger losing any right or entitlement to use that Yacht for the period booked without refund or compensation.
Reservation procedures may need to be changed or supplemented from time to time for the smooth operation of the Yachts and the Club.
Please check all of the above at the time of making a reservation.
11. Non-compliance with these Terms and Conditions, insufficient or non-payment of fees, fraudulent attempts to use this offer or misrepresentation, will all invalidate the offer and absolve Club La Costa Yacht Club of all responsibility to the client.
In so far as the law permits, Club La Costa Yacht Club does not accept responsibility for any damages, loss, delays, injuries/deaths, accidents or dissatisfaction caused by occurrences and conditions beyond its control including but not limited to, acts of God, nature, sickness, strikes, local customs, law and politics during registered clients’ participation in a Club La Costa Yacht Club offer.
12. The Company (or the Management Company on its behalf) shall be entitled to cancel a Member’s reservation in the event that the Yacht reserved becomes unavailable to the Club or its Members for whatever reason. The Company through the Management Company will give the Member as much prior notice as possible and will endeavour to offer an alternative Yacht of an equivalent standard to the Member. However, neither the Club nor the Company nor the Management Company nor the Trustee shall have any obligation or liability to the Member other than to credit the Member’s Register with the number of Sailing Weeks/Credits deducted for said reservation. The Member waives any and all claims against the Club, and/or the Company and/or the Management Company and/or the Trustee in respect of such a cancelled reservation.
13. The Yachts will be allocated at Club La Costa Yacht Club’s sole and absolute discretion (or on its behalf) and is subject to availability and depends on the number of people in the party up to a maximum of two persons per Cabin. Club La Costa Yacht Club may at its absolute discretion change the geographic area in which the Yachts operate.
14. Information: Club La Costa Yacht Club has made every effort to ensure that the information provided in this publication is correct at the time of print but on occasions it may be necessary to make changes without notice. All information in this publication and regarding the holiday should be checked at the time of making a reservation.
15. Where certain benefits are offered by third party suppliers outside the ownership or control of CLC World, Yacht Club is not responsible for any failure or default on the part of that supplier. All benefits offered are subject to specific terms and conditions of each supplier and may be subject to change or substitution without notice. Restrictions may apply. All reasonable efforts have been made to ensure that published information concerning benefits is accurate at time of printing. Certain benefits may vary by country.
17. Please note that the crew are English speaking and therefore, in the interests of safety of all guests, you are reminded that any member travelling should have a reasonable level of understanding of the English language.
18. Yacht Club referral programme: While Yacht Club offers a referral programme, the following shall apply (supplemented by any additional provisions or variations to be found in the programme documentation and in the Certificates):
- A Yacht Club Member may download from the website any number of Ship Mates referral Invitations while this promotion is valid. The Invitations will allow the Member to introduce guests to the Yacht Club. Any specific restrictions on use will be set out on the Invitation.
- All accommodation on the yachts is subject to availability. Guests using an Invitation to reserve will be given the discount on the published rental rate for the cabin as described on the guests’ Invitation.
- The usual all-inclusive onboard package is included in the published rental rate for the cabin as described on the guests’ Invitation.
- Guests must meet the following minimum qualification requirements:
- – Able to speak English proficiently (for safety reasons)
- – Aged 30-60 years
- – Homeowners
- – Married or living together for more than 2 years
- – Joint income £40,000
- – Have not sailed with the Yacht Club before
- – Active and reasonably fit to enjoy this holiday to the full and to comply with safety regulations
- Guests will have access to such facilities as are available on board during their stay. Scuba diving is only permitted on presentation of full certification and insurance, and a £30 charge per dive will be made to non-Yacht Club Members (payable in local currency; exchange rates may vary according to date of payment).
- Accommodation is for 7 nights. Guests will be staying in a cabin with maximum occupancy of two adults.
- Specific check-in/check out times apply per destination and will be advised at time of booking.
- Travel and insurance are not included in this offer. All Club La Costa Yacht Club guests must ensure that they have passports and correct documentation for travel to their destination, including adequate travel insurance to include all planned activities. Flights and travel insurance can be purchased through CLC World Travel.
- Payment of deposit at time of booking is £150, which is non-refundable. The balance is payable 90 days in advance of the start of the holiday. Where bookings are made within 90 days of the start of the holiday, full payment is required. All payments made are non-refundable.
- It is not a requirement that the guest using the Invitation travels with the Member who introduced that guest.
- Four guest referrals from the same Member can be booked at the same time, thereby occupying the entire yacht.
- Both partners in a couple must be prepared to attend a Yacht Club presentation during their Ship Mates holiday.
- By way of our appreciation for the recommendation, Yacht Club will credit the Member £150 for each referral that makes a reservation, and an additional £150 if during their holiday the referral decides to join the Yacht Club. Such credits may be used towards flights or management fees in the Yacht Club. The reward sum can be exchanged for cash and is personal and may not be transferred.
- Invitations cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion.
- Each Invitation is valid for 24 months from date of issue.
- Each guest couple may only use one Ship Mates Invitation.
Rules of this referral promotion may be revised from time to time, including the reward sum and promotional price; applicability and current terms will be as contained in the latest revised version of the Invitations as issued by CLC World. Legislation may restrict availability in certain territories.